Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 2008 Feature of the Month- LilaMae






Congratulate LilaMae our June 2008 Feature of the Month!

1) What is your hair care regimen?
I co-wash my hair nearly every other day with Pantene or Herbal Essence Long Term relationship. I relax every 12 weeks with Mizani Butter Blends. With every co-wash I apply Joyce Williams Hair food to my scalp which is an excellent stimulator. I shampoo and deep condition every Sunday using either Redken Butter Treat or Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. I detangle in the shower under running water with a seamless comb. Then I sit under the dryer for about 20-30 minutes and either rollerset or air dry. I reconstruct every month with Joico K Pak or Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor. I moisturize in the morning and at night with either Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum ( great stuff!) or Chi Silk Infusion followed but organic coconut oil. I sleep with a silk scarf every night. I trim as needed but will never again allow a stylist to put scissors ( or listerine...lol) in my hair.

Right now I'm on the LHCF '08 Bootcamp so I am wearing a lot of buns and I only flat iron when I relax to check the length.

At one point, I was faithfully using MN and coconut oil ( sometimes with egg yolk) on my scalp to stimulate growth. I've been lazy with that so I think I'm gonna see how my hair does with some good old fashion TLC and maybe some GRO-AUT oil treatments.


(2) Do you take any supplements? If so, what are they?
I am sometimey with my Ultra Hair Nourish Vitamins but I do take them when I remember. I exercise often and I have a pretty healthy high protein diet so I think that helps.

(3) Currently, how long is your hair and what is your hair type?
Now y'all know I'm hesitant to type hair these days but I think I'm somewhere in the 4 category. My hair should be BSL by the time we post this *crossing fingers* But currently I am about 1.5 inches shy.

(4) What are the things that you feel have helped you the most in achieving and maintaining your hair length?
Without a doubt, the knowledge and practices I've inherited from LHCF. Specifically, taking excellent care of my hair by keeping it clean, moisturized, conditioned and protected. Thank you ladies... you are a God send!

No comments: