Friday, June 27, 2008

November 2007 Feature of the Month- Dlewis


(1) What is your hair care regimen?

I texlax every 1" of new growth (approx every 8 weeks) with Lady Velvet Mild Relaxer. Trimming whenever I texlax.

During the warmer months, I condition wash almost daily using V05 Conditioners, apply oil and wear protective styles. I normally only shampoo once a week.
During the cooler months, I prepoo with Alma Oil for 30 minutes, wash with V05 Extra Body Shampoo, Condition with Hemp Hydrating Condition and/or VO5 Extra Body Conditioner, rollerset and dry my hair for 2 hours. (My roots are normally super curly but that is ok.) I wrap my hair every night. I apply oil to my hair on a daily basis making sure I concentrate on the ends. I deep condition my hair monthly with Alma Oil under the dryer for 30 minutes. I only blowdry and flat iron a couple of times of year to see the true length.

My Staples are:
Amla Oil (regular and lite)
Coconut Oil
Hemp Hydrating Conditioner
VO5 Extra Body Shampoo and all VO5 Conditioners
Cream of Nature Moisturizing Conditioner

Other products:
Kemi Oil
Shikakai Herbal Hair Oil
Amla powder
Hemp Hydrating Shampoo

(2) Do you take any supplements? If so, what are they?
I don’t take any supplements. I try to eat somewhat healthy by including lots of fruits, vegetables, beans, fish and water into my diet.

(3) Currently, how long is your hair and what is your hair type?

My hair is layered and is mostly below BSL with the shortest being a APL. (I’m hoping for MBL really soon) I think my hair type is mostly 3c with 4a at the crown. My hair is medium thick and wavy. Color is reddish, brown, and gray.

(4) What are the things that you feel have helped you the most in achieving and maintaining your hair length?

Keeping my hair moisturized
Protective styling which includes buns, braids and frenchrolls.
Stretching relaxers to every 1" of new growth, any longer causes breakage for me.
Detangle my hair when it’s soaking wet or saturated with conditioner.
Weekly deep conditioning
Clipping ends when needed (mostly every other month)
Quality hair accessories that don’t cause breakage or too much tension on the hair (Flexi8 and Ficcare are my favorites)
Sticking with the two regimens mentioned above
Minimum heat (I use indirect heat when I rollerset but I flat iron a couple of times a year)
AND the love and support from my family and my beloved LHCF family.

No comments: