Friday, June 27, 2008

April 2008 Feature of the Month - MissScarlett



(1 ) What is your hair care regimen?

I'm pretty simple with my regimen. I tend to think less is more and I like low manipulation with my hair. I wash and condition; I love Redken and Nexxus products, they by far give me the best moisturizing. I deep condition with Keraphix re-constructor after I condition with Humectress. I rinse and then use Infusium Leave in 23 and or Redken Anti-leave in treatment.

I only have two ways I wear my hair, straight in the fall/winter and curly in the spring/summer. I use alot of heat in the fall/winter by either blowdrying and flat-ironing once every two weeks, then caruso curlers. I don't like my hair bone straight, I like curls and body. My caruso curls can last a week. I sometimes do ponytail rollersets or airdrying and then flat-ironing. Using heat for six months and then not at all for six months has had little effect on my hair due to the fact that I condition and moisturize religiously. I sleep with my hair in a high bun and wrap my hair around the bun in a loose scrunchie. When I wake up I just take the ponytail down and I have body/curls and I either wear a hair clip or a ponytail every day. I typically only wear my hair down on the weekends.

In the summer and spring I co-wash everyday and shampoo/condition every few days and just wash and go. I use Infusium 23, redken anti-snap leave in and garnier fructris hair serum and that's it. I use various serums like Redken Glass.


I trim or cut about every 3 months. I don't like my hair to be too long, I a few inches past prefer bra strap length.


(2) Do you take any supplements? If so, what are they?

No, I eat alot of protein like 2% cottage cheese, yogurt. I think protein in your diet keeps your hair healthy and growing.

(3) Currently, how long is your hair and what is your hair type?

I'm a 3 a/b/c. Past bra strap, about five inches from waist-length. I'm not interested in growing my hair past a certain length however. I only like it a few inches past bra-strap, anymore than that and it becomes too much work for me.

(4) What are the things that you feel have helped you the most in achieving and maintaining your hair length

My select use of heat and keeping my hair moisturized and conditioned. Also, minimal manipulation and drinking LOTS Of water. Before I found LHCF, I didn't do co-washes at all and that has helped me tremendously.

No comments: