Friday, June 27, 2008

July 2003 Feature of the Month - SuperGirl






What is your hair care regimen?

Currently, I have my hair relaxed with Affirm Lye every 12 weeks. I am thinking about changing it to 10 weeks because my new growth comes out very coily and strands begin to coil around each other after so long.

Anyway, I am a major PJ, but I think I have finally simplified my regimen. Five days after a re-touch, I shampoo with a clarifying shampoo(Pantene) and condition with Joico K-Pak and follow with the Joico Moisturizing Conditioner.

For my regular weekly shampoo I use Crème of Nature followed by L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Crème. I sit under the dryer with it 10-15 minutes. I love this conditioner and also like to follow it with the Nature's Therapy Hot Oil for about 5 minutes. In my opinion, these Nature's Therapy products are just wonderful. I have actually been using the hot oil off and on for 5 years.

Every 3rd week, I switch my conditioner to Mizani Moisturefuse or Nexxus OmniPak (mixture of Keraphix, Humectress, Epitome, & Botanic Oils) I follow the OmniPak with Moisturizing Conditioner. Because I am a PJ, I do conditioner washes between my regular weekly shampoos.

I rinse my hair and then I use Motions Oil Moisturizing Conditioner. I do sit under the dryer with it 5-10 minutes. I have not mentioned a leave-in yet because it's such a toss up every week with me. My favorites are Arosci, Motions, Aveda Damage Control, and the new one by Profectiv. I air dry my hair usually, but roller set every once in a while. I do not use heat on my hair with the exception of every few months to give myself a trim.

I do not use a blow dryer for styling, just my ceramic iron. For in between shampoo maintenance and moisture, I use profectiv Break-Free and oils. My favorite oils are avocado and jojoba, but I do use several others as my mood determines! I wear protective styles 99% of the time.

Currently how long is your hair, and what is your hair type?

My hair type is 4a/b and it is 26 inches.

What are the things that you feel have helped you the most in achieving and maintaining your hair length?

I feel that not using heat and staying away from scissors happy stylists are the things that have helped me to achieve and maintain my hair length.

Do you take any supplements, if so what are they?

I take Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin and Nails available from Home Shopping Network

No comments: