Friday, June 27, 2008

February 2008 Feature of the Month - Queeny20



(1) What is your hair care regimen? Right now during
the winter, I wash or co-wash my hair while in braids
or twists 2-3 times a week. I co-wash almost daily
during the warmer months and wear a lot of wash and
gos by using a micro fiber hair towel to soak up a lot
of the water.

Once a week I take out the braids or twists, I apply
castor oil and let it soak in. Then I put my hair in 4
loose braids, wash and, apply pantene relaxed and
natural hair mask. I rinse each braid individually
and rebraid to avoid a head full of tangles. I apply
castor oil or avocado butter to my hair, detangle with
my bone comb and then rebraid or twist.

Once a month I do a deep condition with aphogee or
ion. I follow it up with fermodyl 619 and then proceed
with detangling and styling.

I apply castor oil or avocado butter to my ends every
night and sleep with my satin bonnet or scarf I put
sulfur 8 on my scalp after every wash only during the
winter because the weather is dry here. Occasionally,
I will spray my ends at night and then put on the
butter and/or oil.

Every 6 months, I go to my beautician. She flat irons,
then presses, trims and curls my hair. That is the
only time I trim my hair and I usually lose about 1/2
to 1 full inch each time. I wear my hair straight for
a week or so just for dh and then the first wash
after, I do a deep condition with protein and
moisture.

(2) Do you take any supplements? If so, what are they?
I take Vitality vitamins and minerals by Melaleuca for
health reasons. I just try to eat a lot of fruits and
veggies, workout, and drink lots of water.

3) Currently, how long is your hair and what is
your hair type?
My hair is brastrap length about 8-8
1/2 inches on the growth in inches shirt. I am a
natural 4b.

(4) What are the things that you feel have helped you
the most in achieving and maintaining your hair
length?

1. Finding LHCF and the products that work for me. I
use everything from suave, to pantene, to nioxin
depending on the condition of my hair and scalp.
2. Paying attention to my hair so I know what to use
and when.
3. Finding a regimen that worked and sticking too it.
4. Babying my hair. I take my time combing, styling,
and even my beautician takes extra time and care with
my hair because she knows just how I like it handled.
I tell people all the time, "I am serious about my
hair!"
5. Moisturizing my ends, protecting them and enjoying
my hair. Because I have the knowledge, I am not afraid
to try different styles so I won't get bored with it.

No comments: