Friday, June 27, 2008

August 2007 Feature of the Month - FlowerHair



(1) What is your hair care regimen?
First of all I want to say thank you for this honor, it feels great to be recognized. It is also fun to be one of the few Europeans on this board to have been Feature of the Month and show that even us stuck in the North Pole can grow some hair.

My routine is very simple:
I wash 1-2 times a week and follow with loads of conditioner every time.
When my hair is fully saturated with conditioner, I detangle using my fingers only.
I rinse sloppily to leave some conditioner in the hair, wring out some water and slather on some Carrot Oil Creme (Africas Best Organics) and follow with EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil).
I wring the hair gently to press out the remaining water and let it air dry with a towel around my neck.
At night, I put my hair in a loose bun that I fasten with a hair comb.
In the morning I put my hair in one of my 2 styles (I'm not very creative...) - either a pony tail or a bun. If I wear a pony tail I sometimes wet the ends a little with water from my hands to revive the curls.
I also moisturize the bottom half of my hair mornings and nights with the Carrot Oil Creme.
That's it!

(2) Do you take any supplements? If so, what are they?
No, I don't take any supplements, but I follow a healthy, mainly organic diet with no red meat and lots of fruits and vegetables. 80% of what I eat I cook from scratch at home.

(3) Currently, how long is your hair and what is your hair type?
My hair is a little past my waist and I am a "3 something". A mix of curly, coily, kinky...

(4) What are the things that you feel have helped you the most in achieving and maintaining your hair length?


For me these things are important:
  • a simple routine
  • a minimum of manipulation
  • no heat (maybe 1-2 times a year at the most)
  • no combs
  • no brushes
  • lots of moisture
  • treat the hair like fine silk
  • no complicated styles that require pulling and tension on the hair and scalp
  • "hair friendly" accessories
  • maintain healthy ends at all costs
Growing hair requires patience, consistency and going against the quick fix mentality.

I have been growing my hair for many years now and it took me quite a while to get further than bra strap length. Finger combing really helped me with that. The result has been that I don't have split ends anymore.

Have fun growing and a big thank you!
FlowerHair

No comments: